As a lifestyle coach specialized in the health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet, I always encourage my clients to find healthier alternatives to their favorite desserts. This recipe for Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries is a perfect example of how to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health. By using Greek yogurt instead of cream and adding fresh berries, this recipe is not only delicious but also packed with nutrition.
Ingredients for 4 people
Yogurt panna cotta
• 10g gelatin
• 250ml milk
• 55g sugar (or honey, or maple sirup)
• 350g greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 250g strawberries
• 20g sugar
• Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
• A few mint leaves
1. Soak the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for about 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat up the milk and the sugar in a pan and add the squeezed gelatin. Mix for 1 minute and let it cool for a bit.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yogurt and the vanilla essence. Add the milk mixture and stir well.
4. Pour the mixture into 4 dessert glasses or into a loaf pan. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Wash the strawberries and transfer them to a food processor. Add the sugar and process until evenly smooth. Strain the strawberry puree through a fine strainer to remove the seeds.
6. To serve, drizzle the strawberry coulis over the yogurt panna cotta and arrange the fresh berries on top. Add a few mint leaves for extra flavor and color.